This Lava cake for 1 is glorious. These things happen in the kitchen occasionally. I love lava cake and used to make it frequently for my family when I was developing sugary dessert recipes at Baking Outside the Box several years ago before I became fascinated with low carb and fresh cooking.
Lava cake for 1 is so simple to make. You stir just a few ingredients together and pour them into a greased ramekin and then bake it for 12-15 minutes. Warm chocolaty sweet goodness comes out of the oven. Did I mention it is just over 2 net carbs?????
I could hardly believe it when it came out of the oven. It looked and smelled and TASTED like my original recipe. The difference was that of course in using almond flour and sweetener that this little cake was satisfying, quite filling and didn’t include guilt as an accompaniment.
I baked it in the oven this time. It took just a minute or two to mix together and then 12-15 minutes in the oven. I felt confident in getting the gooey pudding center from oven baking. But next time I might try the microwave. Enjoy! — Laura
- 2 T. Almond flour
- 4 tsps. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. Swerve granular Sweetener
- tiny pinch salt
- ⅛th tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. butter, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a ramekin or mist with vegetable oil spray.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir together until thoroughly mixed and pour into prepared ramekin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until top is set.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.